Indigenous Cultural Heritage Stage 1 Consultations
The First Nations Heritage Protection Alliance and the Australian Government have formed a partnership to improve First Nations cultural heritage protections. This partnership agreement, which was signed on the 29 November 2021 and commits both parties to co-design options to reform cultural heritage protection.
The immediate priority of the partnership is to undertake a national engagement through a two staged approach. At the conclusion of this process, we will jointly provide the Alliance Leadership and the Australian Government options for cultural heritage reform.
Stage 1 Engagement and consultations – March to May 2022
- Engagement will be delivered predominantly online
- Invitations will be extended to:
- First Nations people and organisations
- State and territory governments
- Stage 1 consultations will set the broad parameters for reform options that will inform a more detailed options paper
Stage 2 Engagement and consultations – June to September 2022
Stage 2 will be a broad national engagement process informed by stage 1.
For further information and to book in a stage 1 consultation please email email@example.com
The Australian Government’s information on this process can be found here: https://www.awe.gov.au/parks-heritage/heritage/about/indigenous-heritage